Covid-19 Policy for New and Existing Patients
We appreciate you taking the time to read this prior to your new patient appointment. As you know, the current pandemic has changed a lot of ways that businesses and clinics have to operate. Our clinic is no exception. We strive to create a healing, energetic and familiar environment where our patient’s health can thrive in every way while also remaining fully compliant with the current mandates.
The following are a few pieces of information to know prior to your new patient appointment:
- Please have your new patient paperwork filled out prior to your appointment. If you do not have access to a printer, arrive 15 minutes early and we kindly ask that you fill it out either in your car or our lovely outdoor courtyard. This is to limit exposure time as we cannot have people sitting in the waiting room for extended periods.
- We can only have those with a scheduled appointment in the office, with the exception being children or caregivers. This is to enforce social distancing and also limit exposure. With that in mind, we would love to take care of all your family and friends, so please schedule them an appointment if they wish to attend!
- Current state mandates require everyone wear a facial covering in public settings. Congruent to this mandate, masks are required in our clinic by staff and patients with the following exemptions (as listed in the DOH order):
- Children under the age of 5
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, developmental or cognitive condition, or disability that prevents wearing a facial covering.
Also, according to the DOH, you are not required to provide proof of any condition that qualifies you for an exemption. It’s important for people to be supportive and tolerant of one another during this pandemic. Avoid confrontations, and if someone continues to question you, tell someone from the business and ask them to help. We honor medical exemptions in this clinic and will not require proof of your inability to wear one, as is congruent with the order.
- A close contact is defined as a person you have been within 6 feet of for greater than 15 minutes cumulatively over a 24-hour period, irrespective of whether the person with Covid-19 or the contact was wearing a mask or whether the contact was wearing respiratory or PPE. For the purposes of limiting exposure and the potential spread of Covid-19, we ensure that your contact time with any of our doctors, assistants or other patients will be less than this. Studies have shown that the most risk comes from contact over this amount of time.
- Please monitor and report any Covid-19 symptoms prior to your appointment.
Every decision we make is done with our patients’ best interest in mind. The physical, mental and spiritual health of our patients is, quite honestly, what gives us life. Safety and the continued ability to be able to serve our patients is of the utmost importance to every person in this clinic.
Covid-19 is a serious issue that is not to be taken lightly. With stress at an all-time high, children’s suicide on the rise (latest report from SNO CO), and fear saturating our every day, there has never been a greater calling for chiropractors to stand up and show their patients the recuperative ability their bodies have to restore and maintain health. We genuinely want to express our gratitude for choosing us to be your health care providers.